The Mission of Shorin Ryu Karatedo International
SRKDI is a karate organization linking practitioners of Okinawan karate from all over the world. We strive to explore, study, and celebrate the traditional martial arts, while analyzing the various movements within the context of practical self-defense and dynamic martial arts.
The main goals of SRKDI include:
- To provide an open and collaborative environment for the study and practice of Okinawan karate.
- To cultivate each member’s understanding and insight into the practice of karatedo as a unification of the mind, body, and spirit.
- To carry on the training philosophies and traditions of Okinwan karate and to perpetuate the legacies of the pioneers who contributed to the development of Shorin Ryu karate.
- To expand the application of Okinawan Karate theories and principles through open dialog and collaboration.
- To create a better understanding of the value and necessity for Futarigeiko (two-man practice) utilizing the methodology, teachings, and principles of this two-person practice.
- To foster close relations with dojos and practitioners in Okinawa and to provide opportunities to train in Okinawa to better understand the historical and cultural traditions of Okinawan karate.
For more information please contact SRKDI:
[contact-form-7 id=”912″ title=”Contact form 1″]